(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: TOTO Ultramax II, Gwyneth MS604114CEFG toilet reviews & pictures

Hi, Tesla!

I just did an experiment with a cube-sized box of Kleenex (rather than the rectangle), and it does not slide off. It can move around a bit, but it will sit there.

Quote Originally Posted by tesla View Post
    I just ordered an Ultramax II. Can someone tell me if the slope of the tank lid prevents a box of kleenex resting there?
    I always keep my Kleenex box on top of the tank...and yes it will sit there.
    The toilet seat lid will help keep it there but even if it's down, the box of tissues will stay.

Last edited by Terry; 10-07-2012 at 08:58 AM.

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

Worst case, and this would work with any toilet, would be to get an anti-slip mat, set it underneath the box, and then it would stay on nearly any toilet lid. These are often sold in auto accessory stores to help keep things stable on the dash, but would work just as well anywhere. They can easily be cut, if needed, so they don't show, if that's desired.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by wjcandee View Post
    GeorgeCT: The symptoms you experienced from the Voreto valve in your picture are exactly why I ripped it out and put in a Korky in my Drake. The 528MP is perfect for our Totos. As you may have read elsewhere on this forum, Toto is now selling basically the 528MP as its Universal Replacement fill valve. The packaging is different and the instructions are more precise, but it's basically the same thing. I'm glad it worked out for you.
    wjcandee
    Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know TOTO was selling the Korky 528MP as a replacement.

GeorgeCT,

Yeah, they're calling it the TSU99A.X, retail $30, available for more like $21. Still a good bit more than the 528MP at Lowe's. It really is, for the most part, exactly the same valve. To ensure that the settings are uber-precisely-what-they-were-in-the-factory, they give you detailed instructions. They provide a table that shows how many "pegs" high to set the valve (i.e. tank refill level), for each and every Toto toilet, and then instruct you to install the "tamper-proof key" so the valve can't be set to use more water (unless you just peel off the key). Generally, nobody uses that key with the 528, but I guess it's a good way to ensure that the thing stays set exactly the way they would set it at the factory. They also give you this gizmo that adjusts the refill percentage to exactly what it was on the original valve being replaced, rather than the "eyeball it" method that most people use with the 528MP. For anybody who is handy, and who doesn't mind experimenting a bit to get the water level and refill where they should be, all you need is the 528MP. I do respect Toto, however, for trying to make sure that any replacement valve will provide the same level of water savings that came with the toilet.

All-in-all, it's a pretty-smart idea by Toto, and I appreciate their level of precision in foolproofing the settings. One valve on the shelf at the plumbing supply, instead of 20 different types. And it's a Made in US product. Of course, Terry was telling people to do this pretty much as soon as the 582MP came out. Toto finally caught on.

Thanks for the info about the kleenex on the toilet tank top. That anti slip material works well on many things.

I can't believe I'm so excited about getting a new toilet! I'm replacing a 1995 contractor grade toilet. As many of you know the toilets during that era were the beginning of the low flow toilets and they obviously didn't get it right the first time.

Tesla: I can believe it. I'm still kicking myself for not replacing sooner the horrible low-flow that I tore out and replaced with our first Drake. Believe me, you're among friends when you share your excitement! (Did you see the post from the guy some time ago that said that since he replaced his horrible toilet with a Drake, he's been yelling "TOTO!!!" every time he flushes it, he is so happy. Apparently, this went on for weeks, driving his wife crazy. I think it's just so nice to have something that we use every day work so well, particularly after we have had to suffer with the opposite.) The Ultramax II is a great toilet, and you are right to be excited! Just come back here for solace if your family/friends don't share quite your level of enthusiasm.

Last edited by Terry; 10-29-2012 at 12:49 PM.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm still selling a ton of these in the Seattle area.

http://terrylove.biz/toilets/10-toto-ultramax-ii.html

Double Cyclone
    Last edited by Terry; 01-11-2014 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I'm still selling a ton of these in the Seattle area.
    Nice looking cart and such at the terrylove.biz link. I had been using the "sale on toilets' link from your main site, which brings one to a different place...

Are you selling any Original Drakes with the new tank? CST744EN? I think it's a nice look for spots for which the Drake might be a little too "modern", although I think the Original Drake looks nice in a very wide array of settings.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wjcandee View Post
    Nice looking cart and such at the terrylove.biz link. I had been using the "sale on toilets' link from your main site, which brings one to a different place...

Are you selling any Original Drakes with the new tank? CST744EN? I think it's a nice look for spots for which the Drake might be a little too "modern", although I think the Original Drake looks nice in a very wide array of settings.
    Good point about the new tank option on the Drake. That does look nice. I better check on those here on Monday and see if I can add those.
    Thanks for the nice words on the new shopping pages.
    I will be removing the old pages as soon as I've switched over completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Good point about the new tank option on the Drake. That does look nice. I better check on those here on Monday and see if I can add those.
    Thanks for the nice words on the new shopping pages.
    I will be removing the old pages as soon as I've switched over completely.
    My pleasure. I look forward to "shopping" the new pages soon!