(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: villeroy and boch

Hybrid View

Default villeroy and boch

Does anyone have experience with a villeroy and boch twist toilet? I think they are fairly new, and I can't find any reviews. Thanks in advance for any feedback you can provide.

Nothing new about Villeroy & Boch in business from 1748. It's clearly a Foo-Foo designer company. The website is clearly nothing but sales related info with nothing about repair. The question I always have with Foo-Foo is parts availability! When your Foo-Foo crapper craps out what do I have to do to get the parts it needs? If it's the only toilet in the house and you're waiting for a part to ride across the big pond on a slow boat this could be a big problem. Hopefully, it uses stock off the shelf parts but the website gives no information as to what is inside the tank and where local distributors are.

I would check with your local distributor and see what is inside that tank and if the parts are available. Common off the shelf parts is good, propietary parts available only through Villeroy & Boch is bad.

Villeroy,

Did you ever find out more about the Twist toilet?

We are looking at the Twist as it has the shortest length we can find, but want to make sure it works properly.

Thanks for your help!

Does any one have any experience with Villeroy & Boch toilets in general? I already purcahsed a Toto based on their reputation for quality, but this V&B can save over 3" of space in a 5'6" bathroom.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by onycomosis View Post
    Does any one have any experience with Villeroy & Boch toilets in general? I already purcahsed a Toto based on their reputation for quality, but this V&B can save over 3" of space in a 5'6" bathroom.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    3" where? The V&B Twist is is 29.25" from the wall to the front of the bowl the wall.

I just measured my American Standard Cadet 3 and it measures about 29" and it is 4" shorter in height.

There are different models in the Twist line. The High-Performance Siphonic WC is 24 7/8" long:

http://www.villeroy-boch.com/fileadm...pdf?no_cache=1