(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Valley faucet handles?

posts, emails and comments from readers reposted by Terry

Default Valley faucet handles?

I don't really know how to use your site right now,but I will learn. I am having a great deal of difficulty finding a single shower and tub handle. I am told that it is a Valley and have ordered both faucet handles shown in the diagram and neither are right. I have a clear plastic handle but what the problem is, is that where the stem attaches to the handle is square not splined and the hole in the middle under the badge is off center,in fact if you look at the handle head on the large hole where the badge goes is off center. I contacted the company that built my Park Model and was told that they used 3 faucets,Valley,Phoenix and Mixit,but the latter 2 doesn't have anything close. I ordered both handles for the Valley, pre 1993 and after 1993. Do you have a clue where I might look for this item. I have searched the internet long and hard and that is how I came up with your site. Thank-you, John Morris

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek Mikey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    shown in the diagram
    ...diagram?

Phoenix was probably a Nibco faucet, and both it and the valley used some Delta knock-off designs. Mixets are concentric two handle valves, with separate temp and volume knobs.

Valley handles to fit most models are not usually hard to find. You might just have to take your old parts into a good plumbing store to find what you need.

Default handle

Picture of the faucet with the handle removed, and one of the handle itself.

Default handle

here are three pictures hope they help, please let me know
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Default picttures

Too close and out of focus to be able to tell anything. We also need a picture of the valve without the handle on it.

Default Shower handle

I finally found the shower handle I was looking for (I think). I contacted Phoenix and it is their brand and the tech new exactly what I was looking for, a handle with a offset square hole. What a relief,but I won't know for sure until I receive it. They are no longer made so I also ordered a complete rebuild kit for it also. Thanks for all your help and am glad I found this web site. Sincerely: John Morris