Did I plumb this right?

Users who are viewing this thread

stockwatchn

Reaction score
A bit new to working with a pressure tank. The old setup was galvanized and very rusty. I removed all the galvanized pipe in the house and went with pex. I'm coming in with 3/4" pex to the Brass tank cross then up to the hot water heater and manifold.

I found this brass tank fittings kit in my hardware store and it looked pretty close to what I wanted. See attached image. Did I plumb this correctly? I had to use some plastic fitting because they didn't have all I needed in brass. Is this ok? Also the kit came with a 1" Check Valve, do I need to install this. Where would it go?

Thanks in advance
SW

Attachments

• IMG_5265c.gif
    IMG_5265c.gif
    70.4 KB · Views: 282

stockwatchn

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

Does it make a difference where (left or right)the pressure guage and pressure switch screw in. I've seen it in this configuration and I've seen it where they're switched.

Do I teflon tape all the connections?

sw

Southern Man

DIY Hillbilly
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

Does it make a difference where (left or right)the pressure guage and pressure switch screw in. I've seen it in this configuration and I've seen it where they're switched.

Do I teflon tape all the connections?

sw

The pressure at both locations are the same so it screw them in where they fit best. Use teflon tape at every threaded connection.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks