Programmed versus manual activation

Users who are viewing this thread

baronoff

Reaction score
One station in our sprinkler system is having a problem I've never encountered before. It works perfectly when manually opened at the local vault box, but when activated by the automatically timed control box there is significantly less pressure, such that the pop ups do not rise up much. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
va;ve

The manual and automatic methods operate differently. If the automatic method does not "dump" water fast enough, or if it is damaged internally so the water is being replenished as it is dumped, then it will not open entirely. Manual operation usually can overcome any bypassing internal leakage and open all the way. You may have a bad diaphragm, weak solenoid, restricted solenoid water passages, etc.

Joerg

Reaction score
Or the solenoid plunger can't fully retract anymore because rust or crud has accumulated in the shaft. I'd take it off and look.

Regards, Joerg.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks