(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Water doesn't go down

posts, emails and comments from readers reposted by Terry

Default Water doesn't go down

why does my water run from my washing machine to my bath tub and toilet...
    right now i cant get it to go down,...i have a new home been here only a few months...what is causing this please help me...first time ever happened....please reply thank you
    Hasan

You have a clog on the mainline, and it is backing up into the lowest spot it can find....the tub. Get a plumber in to investigate.

I agree 100% with Jimbo! You need a pro to come and take care of this blockage!

Just further beat a dead horse, do not try to solve this problem on your own. Chemicals that are advertised as drain cleaners or openers do not work and can actually create a hazard for the plumber you eventually will have to call. Also, forget about a homeowner special snake. These are not large enough to clean a major clog and can just push it deeper into the line. The line needs to be professionally snaked clear to the street (or septic tank) The plumber may be able to give some insight as to why the drain clogged, and since this is a new home, there may be something the builder needs to fix. It might take a camera to determine the cause.