Showerhead/Handshower/Tub Filler Combo Question

Users who are viewing this thread

az1324

Reaction score
I am redoing my tub/shower and I want to have a fixed showerhead, a wall mounted handshower, and a tub filler.

Can I use just one transfer valve and use a tub filler with a diverter so that when closed it sends the water up to the transfer valve which then selects between the handshower and the showerhead?

Last edited:

Winslow

Plumber
Reaction score
I am redoing my tub/shower and I want to have a fixed showerhead, a wall mounted handshower, and a tub filler.

Can I use just one transfer valve and use a tub filler with a diverter so that when closed it sends the water up to the transfer valve which then selects between the handshower and the showerhead?

Hansgrohe makes an ideal valve for that situation, its interaktiv series. It may seem a litle pricey at first but it eliminates the need for an in wall diverter.

They have three different rough valves to choose from. One is a standard type valve for a single outlet or a diverter spout for showerhead. The second has two outlets, you turn the handle clockwise to use one outlet and counterclockwise for the other. The third has three outlets, again controlled by the handle.

The temperature is a controlled by a spindle in the handle. The rough valve is $100, the cost of the trim varies according to choice. The faceplate and handle cost about $250. The complete tub shower trim is about $450. That may seem a little pricey but it actually has a very nice "air powered" showerhead.

Personally I only purchased the faceplate and handle as I will be using a slide bar and will buy the spout seperately.

This also eliminates a lot of the inwall piping required with a diverter/transfer valve.

az1324

Reaction score
You're talking about the thermobalance III valve right?

Looks nice. ~$65 for the valve and several trims available ~$180. Pretty good. Thanks for the tip.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks