(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Cadet 3 replacement flappers

Default Cadet 3 replacement flappers

While in Lowe's yesterday looking for materials for my next project, I noticed that Korky now makes a replacement flapper for the Cadet 3.

achutch

DIY Junior Member

Default Flapper

Thanks, achutch, but I think I didn't explain properly -- after I thought about it. The flapper is not leaking as I have turned off the water and the level did not go down. The problem is the "float" mechanism will not stop adding water. It is a slow leak but a leak none the less.
    I'll try to get to Lowe's and see if I can get any help, since they obviously carry that brand.
    I am reasonably sure I can't afford a plumber but that may be what I have to do. I cannot get the top off the float thing, as was suggested, as it did not seem to "pop off." Not being plumberish, maybe there is some "trick" I don't know.
    Thanks for the suggestion and I'll go check with Lowe's to see who is on duty and what they know.
    Thanks again,
    Tuskahoma

The Cadet 3 uses the Fluidmaster 400A. The rubber seal in that is easily replaced. Turn off the water. With your finger, lift the arm to the top, then turn the black top 1/8 turn CCW. Replace the rubber, and reverse the procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuskahoma View Post
    ...The flapper is not leaking as I have turned off the water and the level did not go down. The problem is the "float" mechanism will not stop adding water. It is a slow leak but a leak none the less.
    The fill valve in my Cadet3 recently stuck ON, and I was pleased to find the valve is serviceable. I took the valve apart, removed the offending piece of lime, and reinstalled. Now all is well. HTH.

- djb
    The best things in life aren't things.