Jacuzzi Tub Noise

Users who are viewing this thread

jgalway

Reaction score
Just bought a house with Jacuzzi tub in master bath. When the tub running, the pump sounds like it is grinding glass and metal. There is pressure but not much. I will have to tear out the tile to gain access. Which side of the tub has the pump?
The faucet is on the side where you get in. The controls are on the opposite side by the window.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If the pump is ever run without the minimum level of water, you will ruin the bearings fairly quickly. The pump is usually at the end opposite the drain, but that depends on the actual shape. Are you sure there isn't an access panel, maybe in an adjacent room - maybe in a closet? Even tiled panels are sometimes built with a caulked joint rather than grout, so you can cut out the caulk to remove a panel without destroying the tile. The installation instructions all call for providing some access, but they may not have been followed. So, closely look at the tile - there are grout color-matched caulks that can easily fool you, if applied properly. A call to the manufacturer should lead to the pump's location.

jgalway

Reaction score
Access Panel Size

What is a typical size for access panel? The tub is in diagonally and the obviouse place for access, if the pump is opposite the drain, is between the edge of the tub and the corner of the bathroom...

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You'd need an access panel large enough to get your arm in there to undo the pump and then remove it...probably at least a foot square - the more the merrier.

On my tub, I can remove the entire tiled panel on the outside edge of the surround. Whomever installed it may not have followed the manufacturer's instructions, but there's supposed to be a panel, and depending on when (or if!) a final inspection was done, there would normally have to be some access.

You might find a user's manual online...have you checked the website?

jgalway

Reaction score
Found the house documents. Am going to look for a operators manual in that stack and will check the web site today.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks