Shower question, Delta T18 series, good or not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Adenwork2

Reaction score
A question about a shower valve for a remodel. I will be hiring a contractor for all work. The agreed price includes $400 for a shower valve, $350 for each sink faucet, $400 for each toilet. Higher would make the price rise. I want durability, good function, ease of repair and ease of finding repair parts. The contractor suggests Kohler. I have no preference for one brand. Some have suggested Hansgrohe and Grohe.

For one bathroom I am looking for a shower tub combination with body spray and hand shower. So far, I have not found any near $400 that includes all these things so I might buy something like the Delta 1848-74 and change the shower head to a hand shower. http://www.deltafaucet.com/wps/port...xODQ4LTc0L3Byb2R1Y3Quc2t1LzE4NDgtNzQ!#7_P_1I7

This is supposed to be a T18 series.

I also need to choose a faucet. Which manufacturer?

I am open to suggestions. Thanks.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

It appears that the valve has the Delta 1700 trim which it the good one. The other faucets would normally also be Delta so they match the shower trim. Are those prices the installed price or just the cost of the fixture? If they are the cost of the fixtures, then they should be whatever the actual cost is, not just an arbitrary number. The way the cost is determined should also have been addressed in the contract whether it is his cost plus a profit factor, list price, list price less a percentage, etc., otherwise he can make the price whatever he wants to.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Be careful what you buy. The part number T1848....that T indicates it is a trim set....handles, escutcheons, etc. But would NOT include the rough-in valves.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks