Vacuum Breaker

Users who are viewing this thread

sbcjack

Reaction score
I need to drain my pressure tank. There is a Watts 8A Vacuum Breaker on the end of the drain valve. I have remove the Well motor breaker and drained the water from the house, pressure gauge reads 0. How do I drain the water from the pressure tank with the Vacuum breaker on it? Im pretty clueless about vacuum breakers, but the water doesn't seem to be flowing out and what Ive been able to figure out about the Watts 8A is 1) It is non-removable and 2) I must pull the leaver in the middle of body to drain it. Am I missing something?

Last edited:

Speedbump

Reaction score
Maybe you can unscrew it. That would drain the tank as long as your letting air back in higher than where your draining it.

bob...

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
There might be some fittings that thread onto the 8A that would hold open the drain lever. Is this tank indoors? All else failing, if this is a boiler drain, the whole thing could be unthreaded.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks