Covering Block Walls

Users who are viewing this thread

kevinm2

Reaction score
I live in the Phoenix area, and I want to plant something that will hide my 6 ft high block walls.

What is the least expensive, easy to maintain, low water use, and quick to grow plant?

I've had a few people tell me that Oleanders would be the answer.
Any other suggestions?

I need to cover 2 walls, one is 40 ft and the other 30.

Cookie

Reaction score
Well, I can talk from experience here with English Ivy. It never stops growing and actually one year grew up and over my roof. I had to take it down and found that pretty difficult to do; it also pulled out some mortar between the bricks on the wall. But, it looked very pretty and gave my house a country cottage look which was nice. But, it grew like wildfire and I tried to control it, I found it easier to keep it short. Here it grows fast in the warmer season and kind of hibernates in the winter, but come spring, it is back in full-force. I love the way it looks, nothing can kill it, but, word of warning, it can overtake quickly.

I think the stucco is a good way to go, too. Good luck to you.

Last edited:

D.Smith

Reaction score
Head to the local nursery and ask them. What works here in atlanta probably wont work where you are.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks