Switching Relay

Users who are viewing this thread

drspookie

Reaction score
I currently have an oil fired boiler with a Honeywell R8182DH Primary Control and Aquastat controller. I am replacing this unit with a coal fired boiler. The boiler I have purchased has an aquastat controller, but it only controls the internal temp of the boiler and the automatic damper. You need to control the circulator pump with a separate unit. My question is this - Is there a way that I can use the current Honeywell controller to activate and deactivate my circulator using my thermostat, even though it will not be controlling a burner, as it does on the oil boiler? Or would I simply be better off buying a switching relay such as the TACO SR 501? I am trying to save money if I can, but if it can't be done, I guess I have no other choice.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There are line voltage thermostats, but it would probably be easier to use your existing wiring to then control a relay like in the Taco unit to control the circulator.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks