Toilet Advice for low pressure well/septic system

Users who are viewing this thread

toiletrookie

Reaction score
Tried checking threads, but couldn't find relevant topic: I'd like to replace my existing toilets with water efficient, non plugging toilets. My existing ones plug frequently. I noticed on your website that a plumber wrote that systems with low water pressure may not work well with low volume toilets. I have both a well and a septic field and not very strong water pressure. Can anyone suggest a water efficient, unpluggable toilet suitable my system?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Unless you choose a pressure assist toilet, any gravity toilet will work the same, regardless of the pressure (well, the valve requires probably at least 20# or it won't refill), but the only difference you'll see is in how long it takes to refill, not how it works.

An EcoDrake or an Aquia are nice from Toto. The Aquia is a dual flush valve (different volume flushes depending on what's there), while the EcoDrake uses 1.28g per flush. You can get either in ADA height if you wish (nice unless you are petite).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks