Access hole?

Users who are viewing this thread

Willl

Reaction score
:) Hi, Do you need an access hole in a shower and also what about a tub? What exactly do you need access to in a shower and also a tub? Can I get by without one? Thank you

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
More info would be helpful
Is the tub a hot tub.
Do you have shut off valves that are in the wall or under the tub.

It is very helpful having access to the pipes in the future.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Very useful, rarely required unless you have a whirlpool or air tub.

Willl

Reaction score
OK

Tub is going to be a drop in tub (might make it a jacuzzi tub). It is going to be constructing with a deck that is tiled and the tub drops in the deck. Shower will be simply a shower that has tile on walls and floor. I am not to sure where the shut off valves will be but I suppose I will need shut off valves for each one of these fixtures and if I need to install shut off valves for each fixture then I need an access to them. Thanks

Willl

Reaction score
For another question would you guys object to having a window in a shower/tub enclosure. If you need to know I live in a very very cold climate during the winter and warm during the summer. Thanks:cool:

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
Fine with me. With a big window, you could call it a "garden shower" and add big bucks to the resale value. In any case, I'll bet there's special glass and glazing appropriate for the shower environment (i.e., tempered glass) and your location (i.e., super-insulated).

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Building a shower that doesn't leak with a window in it can be done. You might consider a glass block window replacement, though. Some places require an opening window, though (it's usually either a fan or an openable window). Check out www.johnbridge.com for help with tiling things.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks