Water Pressure Fluxuating

Users who are viewing this thread

sbcjack

Reaction score
I live on a well. My water pressure has started to go up and down when I take a shower. I checked the gauge on the pressure tank and it is not rapidly changing as if it was the well motor turning on and off that was causing the pressure to change. Also, a few weeks ago, I noticed some pipes in my house vibrating(?), making noise when someone is taking a shower, like there is air in the lines or something. I'll be diving into this tonight when I get home, any recommendations on where I should start. Thanks

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If the pressure in the shower is going up and down, you should be able to see the same thing happening at the pressure gauge. What is the top and bottom pressure while it is doing this? You could just have too much air charge in the tank.

sbcjack

Reaction score
Pressure on my tank is 30-50 range, troubleshooting with it more this evening, pressure goes from 50 to 30 in about 5 seconds, then recovers in about the same time. Previous observation leads me to believe this is isn't correct, ie its dropping to fast, but I believe the switch/pump motor are operating correctly. This system is about 8 yrs old and I have never perform any maintenance/adjustments to it, you know, if it aint broke, dont fix it.

sbcjack

Reaction score
I Read the link. I check the bladder pressure and its 50#. When I shut the pump circuit, and opened a faucet the water drains until it stops running. Then when I check the pressure in the bladder its 0, I added air(bicycle pump and then brought down a compressor) but couldn't get much more then about 10# in and it would be gone in about 30 sec. Turned on the pump, water pressure returned, pressure in bladder returned to 50#. I think my bladder is broke, thoughts? Thanks in advance, Jack

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks