Slip joint connections

Users who are viewing this thread

fmc56

Reaction score
I recently purchased an American Standard trip lever brass bathtub drain. It came with two tee's. One uses rubber washers at the joints and has "GERBER" cast on the side and is much heavier. The other is cast thinner with no markings and uses plastic washers that are beveled on one side. Is one better than the other?
Thanks,
Fred

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

NO, but if it has a Gerber tee with it, then you have a "second hand" drain that someone opened up and then mixed parts. Unless ALL the parts you use are from the same manufacturer, either American Standard or Gerber, your drain will probably not hold water when you try to close it.

fmc56

Reaction score
The box was sealed. The parts list, warranty sheet, etc are marked GERBER. I thought the same thing so I checked several others from the same supplier, all the same.
Fred

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks