Leaky Single handle shower/tub faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

ernie3

Reaction score
I'm trying to repair a leaky single handle shower/tub faucet assembly. I can't see any markings on it, so I don't know the brand. It's a lever type handle that rotates to turn off and on.

I've removed the set screw from the handle, but the handle won't come off to allow me to get to the cartridge. Have tried a heat gun, but that didn't work. Would appreciate suggestions as to how to get the handle off without damaging the plumbing.

As an alternative, I was wondering if I could cut the handle off and replace the entire handle & cartridge with a new faucet?

samsonasu

Reaction score
Hi, I'm having a similar problem in that I cannot find a way to remove the handle from my shower valve. It's a kohler single handle valve, and there are no screws visible anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

faucet.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks