Best Electric Water Heater???

Users who are viewing this thread

hawkmanz

Reaction score
With heating oil going higher, I'm looking to put in a hi efic electric water heater and shut the boiler down during the summer.

Any suggestions on the highest EF units available, Im really looking for something ultra efficient?

Thanks,

scott

Last edited:

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
Rheem or Brad white....

get a rheem or brad white and put a water heater blanket
on the unit.....

as far as ultimate efficinecey you can also put the water
heater on a timer to shut down after 10 at night and come on at 6 in the morning..

STAY AWAY from the WHIRLPOOL..

http://www.weilhammerplumbing.com/galleryi/

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
heater

The only way an electric heater can be made more efficient is to add insulation, but they are already quite well insulated. A timer is useless because overnight the heater will not cool down to the point where it has to reheat the water, and even if it did, you would just have to run it longer to make up for the cooler water once the timer activated the heater.

Southern Man

DIY Hillbilly
Reaction score
With heating oil going higher,....
I would suggest that you "do the math" on electric vs. fuel oil. When I lived in Upstate NY I got rid of my 40 gallon electric and bought a Bock fuel oil hot water tank. As I recall it was the smallest that they made, 20 gallons, and would make hot water faster than it could be used. Although I had a residential boiler to heat the house it was cheaper than putting in a separate zone for an indirect hot water heater, and was more efficient. All I did for the vent was to Tee it into the existing boiler vent, which went to a masonry chimney. I tee'd into the existing oil line as well. The unit paid for itself in less than 2 years.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks