building a tub enclosure on an unlevel floor

Users who are viewing this thread

timber

Reaction score
I'm trying to install a jetted tub in my basement. After the plumber roughed in the drain,etc and repoured the concrete, it appears that the floor is not quite level and has dips in it. I was wondering what i should do , if anything to compensate for height the when i build the enclosure for the drop-in tub.
:eek:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The tub does not hang from its edges, so the floor surface it sits on must be firm and make the edges level. Depending on the manufacturer, the best way to do that is often to set the tub in some mortar, mush it down so it is level, and then let it sit until it sets. This gives a nice firm bottom for the tub, makes it last longer, and just feels better. That mortar will compensate for any slight unevenness left from roughing the drain, unless it is really atrocious. My unprofessional opinion.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks