Frost proof faucet leak

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I've got ongoing problems with a customer's frost proof anti-syphon hose bib installed in a garage that leaks from the syphon vent. I've installed three faucets and they all leak to some extent at the vent. Unfortunately, thanks to the governmental agencies, you cannot find an exterior faucet without this feature anymore. Any help? The faucet leaks about 5 gal/day. Can the anti-syphon be adjusted or plugged up?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Are you leaving the faucet on and trying to stop the flow with a spray handle on the hose? This is not how they're designed. Any pressure hiccup will dump water out the anti-siphon. It if is leaking when it is turned off, you've got a defective valve(s).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks