I need some help...I am trying to replace a cartridge to a Moen 2 handle spread faucet. There is a stem extension holding the cartridge down in the valve. The problem I am having is that the stem extension is badly chewed up after I tried to use a pair of pliers to turn it. Does anyone know how I can unscrew the stem extension?