Cutting PVC pipe - need to get it straight

Users who are viewing this thread

RioHyde

Plumber
Reaction score
A PVC saw, sawzall, hacksaw (no the blade isnt too flimsy), etc will work fine for cutting the PVC. An entirely "dead-nuts" straight cut, while ideal, isnt exactly necessary. Just get it close and it will be fine. Now if the cut is so crooked that only a fraction of an inch of one side of the pipe will be in the hub of the fitting while the other side of the pipe is bottomed out, well then we need "cutting lessons". If in doubt, make a wrap-around out of a piece of paper to mark the pipe or even get a band to secure to the pipe as a cutting guide. We arent talking about painting racing stripes on the space shuttle here.....lol

Good luck

Pewterpower

Reaction score
I'm sure someone here must have some garden pruners like mine.
Will you please go cut a scrap of pvc with it so I don't feel so all alone in this thread???? :D

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks