Replumbing a outside pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Huiced

Reaction score
I have a Flotech 4012/ 230 volts outside of the main house in a shed. The way it was install is that coming out of the well is a 1 1/4" pipe coming out of the well to the pump, a bracket of 3 1" t's and nipples coming out of the pump, and the lines coming out of bracet made of 1" plastic or rubber with plastic connectors going to the house and tank. The problem I'm having is the plastic connectors keep failing. I'll hear the pump keep on kicking in and when I check, another plastic connecter is leaking and has to be replaced. I'm wondering if it would be better if I change out the pump/tank lines with 1" pipe and run another section of 1" pipe from the pump to the flooor and connect into the line running to the house. Would I need brackets to hold the weight? Can I run a smaller line from the pump to the tank? Sorry for the mess in the pics, but I was in the process of installing a new pump. In the pics, the pump is on two bricks due to I pulled the old bracket to buff off the rust and repaint it due to the constant leaks. I going to reinstall the bracket tommorow when it's dried. Pump will stay off of course.

Attachments

• img029.jpg
    img029.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 332
  • img031.jpg
    img031.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 330
  • img032.jpg
    img032.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 331
  • img033.jpg
    img033.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 317
  • img034.jpg
    img034.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 351

Speedbump

Reaction score
I'm not sure what the problem is. Maybe you should try using Copper or some other type of pipe that doesn't leak. Poly is for underground and down Wells. I think it's kinda Rinkie Dink looking for Plumbing in a home. If your using the Nylon Barb Fittings, that could be some of your problem.

bob...

Huiced

Reaction score
It's really rinky dink, from the well to the house, there are 4 diffrent types of pipe..... PVC, Poly, metal, and brass. It's driving me nuts. I did replace the poly that goes from the pump to the tank. Also installed a bracket to make sure the weight didn't put any stress on the pump and the tank. Replaced the fittings (metal) on the pump so that I would have an opeing to prime the pump without having to take off any pipes, and leveled the tank so it won't sit at a slight angle to the well pipe. I'd just love to meet the person or people who set this setup up..... The only problem I have left now is the poly coming off the pump to the house. it has 3 nylon fitting that leak. One at the pump, the 90' elbow, and a joiner piece at the floor before it goes underground. What would be a better way of hooking it up without using nylon fittings?. The poly going into the floor (just past the joiner piece) down under the frost line to the house, 15' to the house, and back up again. Above the joiner piece, it goes up 3 feet to the 90' and then 6" to the pump.

Sorry it took so long to reply. I took everything out of the shed and put a laid a concrete pad for the water tank to sit on.

Speedbump

Reaction score
Maybe Copper or Pex for the Plumbing off the Pump. Poly just doesn't make for good looking job.

It's almost a waste of good pipe to hook it up to a Flotec Pump anyway. You will probably be doing it again soon.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks