14+" rough -- only 41" to wall -- short toilets?

Users who are viewing this thread

OriginalPlumbing

Reaction score
1930's house:
I ordered a Toto Carollton only to realize that it extends 29 1/2" from the wall and I only have 41" of depth. That leaves only 11" -- not enough legroom.
Can I do a round Toto toilet with a 10" rough and use the unift kit to get me to 14"?
Any suggestions for good toilets with less depth?
THANK YOU!!

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The toilet rough-in is the measure from the center of the drain to the finished wall behind the toilet. If you use a 10" toilet and it is a 14'" rough-in , the toilet will sit 4" further into the room than it needs to. Basically, many brands just use a different thickness tank to move the toilet in or out from the wall and still allow the bowl to fit over the flange.

You best bet if it truly is a 14" rough-in, would be the toilet with a 14" unifit, but I think all of those are elongated toilets, which may give you more length than you want. Basically, I'm not sure you can find a toilet that will meet current codes about space in front of the toilet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks