Toto Flapper not Closing

Users who are viewing this thread

MGG

Reaction score
I have just replaced the flapper on a three year old Toto single piece low back toilet gravity flush toilet. Chlorine apparently disfigured the old one and the toilet would run for a bit after filling the tank leaving the bowl with a indeterminate water level, always lower than where it should be, and slowly running/filling off and on after the flush.

Unfortunately after replacing the flapper with the proper part from Toto, I have the same problem. The tank fills, stops then fills slightly on and off until the flapper seals. If I push down on the flapper to seal it stops running. This problem doesn't seem to matter how the chain is adjusted.

How do I fix this? I have thought about solvents to make the flapper a bit more pliable but am at a loss. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

-mg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Silicone spray is sometimes used on flappersi to make them seal better.
Korky makes replacement flappers for Toto, I find them at Lowes next to the Korky Quietfill valve.

korky-3060-2.jpg

korky-3060-toto.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks