Tiling in New Tub

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I'm doing a period restoration and haven't been able to find a vintage alcove tub that doesn't need to be refinished. I found American Standard's Princeton tub which may work, but I don't like the look of it on the outside (the one full side facing the bathroom).

I'm having the room tiled in subway tiles and asked the contractor if he could tile the outside of the tub (facing the room) to make it blend with all my vintage fixtures better and look more like it was originally there.

He said that's not possible as it's the wrong kind of tub to tile in. Is that true or is there an effective method of doing so where the tiles don't slip down over time?

Thanks very much.

Here's a pic of the tub in question.

Attachments

• princeton.jpg
    princeton.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 325

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Tile on porcelain is very iffy proposition. A drop in tub, not made for an alcove could have a tiling flange kit added. Then, you could make a tiled panel for the front. Check out www.johnbridge.com for some more idea.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks