Pump Start Relay / timer

Users who are viewing this thread

dmathieu

Reaction score
I just put in drive point well for a future sprinkler system but I am not putting the sprinklers in this year. For now I would like to have a regular hose and sprinkler on a timer.

How can I get my pump to turn on automatically? Can I use a pump start relay and a sprinklers controller for now, or will that only work with valves?

Should I get a pressure tank?

Thanks for any advice you can provide.
Dave

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
With a point you are probably using a shallow well jet pump.

You can use a relay to start the pump. However, the easiest way is to use a pressure tank with a pressure switch. The pump will keep the tank pressurized and will start the pump when you start irrigating with hose or sprinkler system.

I suggest that you take care to match the pump and watering system so the pump runs continupusly when you are watering. Set the switch shutoff pressure to about 5 to 10 psi less than the shutoff pressure of the pump (experiment) and use a sprinkler on the end of the hose so it is not being shut off frequently.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks