Noisy Porcher

Users who are viewing this thread

jdwatson

Reaction score
I have a Porcher toilet in my master bathroom that is keeping me awake. It makes a flushing-like sound about every half an hour. It sounds like pressure is being released. How do I fix this? I have no plumbing skills, so I'm hoping for an easy fix.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
It is an easy fix... All you need is a new flapper! is this a 3.5 or, a 1.6 gallon per flush toilet?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Get yourself one of these and install it,
http://www.korky.com/Flapper2004BP.html

2004BP-Unpackaged.jpg

Before you take the old one out make a finger mark on the inside of the tank where the water lavel falls to whan the flapper closes when you flush. You want to set this flapper to close at the same tank water level.

Also your flapper should hang on 2 hooks. If that is the case you need to cut the ring off the new flapper before installing it. You do not use both the ring and the hooks to install this.

This flapper should be available at almost any hardware store or at big orange/blue box stores too.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Post back if you have any problems... Or, even if you want a pat on the back when you are done!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks