(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: How to adjust hot/cold w new shower head

Unhappy How to adjust hot/cold w new shower head

My brother built us a new shower which included a single handle for turning on the water. He then went back to Oregon. After sealing the grout etc we are using the shower. The mix of hot to cold water is too much to cold. The other shower which is right opposite of it down the hall is fine. They share plumbing so I am thinking it has something to do with how the single handle works. I cannot find the paqerwork so I am looking for what I need to do to (if possible) to adjust the flow between hot and cold. The fixture is a Pegasus 9000 from Home Depot and of course I cant find any real info on it as it is a HD private brand. Help!

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

Assuming the hot is not blocked, most new valves have a mechanical stop to limit the maximum temperature. Yours may need to be set to allow it to mix more hot in. Without the instructions, you'll have to figure it out for yourself, but basically, first thing I'd try is take the handle and cover plate off to see if it is obvious.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

Hopefully it is as I recall their website was not very informative on technical details.

Most showers these days have an adjustable mechanical limit under the handle. Try removing the handle to see what's there.

For more specific info, go to HD and get a phone number...it is usually printed right on the box. Glacier Bay is always Globe Union. A lot of Pegasus is also, but it could also be Paini or Jiama Lotra....so try to find your model and get the number off that box.

Thats the trouble with Pug-ah-sis at Home Cheapo. A lot of its not really a manufacturer but instead whoever they found to make it cheapest. Without that number and the original parts information no one can tell what you might have. It's not nice like with a real manufacturer like Moen or, Delta.