Exterior Paint

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I'd like to paint the exterior of my house soon. It currently is troweled/buttered with a nice grainy stucco. What long lasting coatings are available that can be applied to this surface. or..?

thanks

Mike

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Well, first off, you can certainly just paint stucco with any good quality exterior paint. There are so-called "ceramic" coatings, and one company advertises "liquid stucco". If your stucco is in good condition ( no cracks ) and you want to do it yourself, I have painted stucco with great success and long lasting results. In the condo where I live now, we had the buildings painted about 10 years ago, and it still looks great.

Reaction score
Try a website

Go to La Habra Stucco, do a google.
You will be amazed at what coatings are available from them. They have some roll on and spray on. I would not paint until I figured out what a stucco company recommends.
Check it out and call them.

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Well, first off, you can certainly just paint stucco with any good quality exterior paint. There are so-called "ceramic" coatings, and one company advertises "liquid stucco". If your stucco is in good condition ( no cracks ) and you want to do it yourself, I have painted stucco with great success and long lasting results. In the condo where I live now, we had the buildings painted about 10 years ago, and it still looks great.

This stucco is over 15 yo-and is still in very good condition Jim. So..yea I was just wondering if I could do better than regular paint. I don't know about any new products in the coatings industry. Ceramic sounds very interesting...and I will inquire about it. It's not going to be a DIY project.

Mike

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Go to La Habra Stucco, do a google.
You will be amazed at what coatings are available from them. They have some roll on and spray on. I would not paint until I figured out what a stucco company recommends.
Check it out and call them.

I will call them-thanks. They have an office about 50mi from me.

Mike

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks