(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Exterior Paint

Default Exterior Paint

I'd like to paint the exterior of my house soon. It currently is troweled/buttered with a nice grainy stucco. What long lasting coatings are available that can be applied to this surface. or..?

thanks

Mike

Well, first off, you can certainly just paint stucco with any good quality exterior paint. There are so-called "ceramic" coatings, and one company advertises "liquid stucco". If your stucco is in good condition ( no cracks ) and you want to do it yourself, I have painted stucco with great success and long lasting results. In the condo where I live now, we had the buildings painted about 10 years ago, and it still looks great.

Default Try a website

Go to La Habra Stucco, do a google.
    You will be amazed at what coatings are available from them. They have some roll on and spray on. I would not paint until I figured out what a stucco company recommends.
    Check it out and call them.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Well, first off, you can certainly just paint stucco with any good quality exterior paint. There are so-called "ceramic" coatings, and one company advertises "liquid stucco". If your stucco is in good condition ( no cracks ) and you want to do it yourself, I have painted stucco with great success and long lasting results. In the condo where I live now, we had the buildings painted about 10 years ago, and it still looks great.
    This stucco is over 15 yo-and is still in very good condition Jim. So..yea I was just wondering if I could do better than regular paint. I don't know about any new products in the coatings industry. Ceramic sounds very interesting...and I will inquire about it. It's not going to be a DIY project.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by tototalitarian View Post
    Go to La Habra Stucco, do a google.
    You will be amazed at what coatings are available from them. They have some roll on and spray on. I would not paint until I figured out what a stucco company recommends.
    Check it out and call them.
    I will call them-thanks. They have an office about 50mi from me.

Mike

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

Look at www.insuladd.com. Pick a good quality paint, and mix this in. You can use it inside as well...top floor ceilings work well.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

Thumbs up paint additive

Now That is veddy interesting...

Mike