Need help with Moen roman tub faucet rough-in

Users who are viewing this thread

rmoorman

Reaction score
I originally purchased a Moen fully completed 3 hole rough-in hardware for my roman faucet replacement (previously Delta). When I pulled the old faucet I found the three holes were not in a straight line. The middle hole is offset by about a 1/2". I went back and exchanged the hardware for the Moen assembly kit where the two control valves and spout unit have to be assembled below the surface of the tub.

My problem is this. The two faucets are connected using a "T" where the third leg of the "T" is supposed to join upward to the spout. Since the middle hole in the tub is 1/2" offset the "T" will not work as is. Since the "T" is female and the spout is female it appears that a 45 degree with male on both ends might work to bridge the gap but I could not find that at Lowe's. Any thoughts on a better way to bridge the gap? Are there flexible copper products that plumbers use in this situation?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

I can post if a picture if you think that would help.

rmoorman

Reaction score
Thanks for making me figure this out on my own. As it turns out it really wasn't as difficult as it appeared. With the three piece faucet kit, it was simply a matter of cutting an 1 1/4" piece of copper pipe and then resituating each of the 3 faucet pieces into the "T" adapter that would join them all together.

The key was to partially install each valve and the spout, but yet leave them loose enough to allow movement enough to get all ends into the "T" adapter. As it turns out, once I got everything fitted together and tightend up the finished product comes very close to having all three components of the faucet in a straighter line than I ever expected.

At any rate I feel good that I managed to figure this out on my own, which, judging from the lack of responses from the panel of experts on this site this must have been a pretty obvious situation to deal with. However, to this novice, it was pretty intimidating.

I still appreciate all the responses I see to the other questioners on this site. There is a ton of useful information here.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I would have posted if I had a solution for you...
All I would have done was cheer you on in you quest!:eek:
Congratulations on finding a solution and I hope it works well for you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks