Extend Shallow Water Pump

Users who are viewing this thread

GAWEBA

Reaction score
I have a shallow water pump that is used for irrigation. It is located near the ocean and has recently stopped giving me water (will not hold prime). It has been recommended that I should extend the pump 2-6 feet lower as the well head may be clogged or the lower portion of pipe has deteriorated due to brackish water. Has abyone any suggestions.
Gerry

GAWEBA

Reaction score
corrective action?

IS the answer to bring up all the pipe, replace foot valve screen, and resink the well?

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Loose fittings or a leak in the drop pipe is the cause of a loss of prime. Usually you have to pull the drop pipe to find what is leaking and replace the fot valve whe nyou have the drop pipe out, but you don't go drilliing the well deeper etc. before you fix the loss of prime. If after the pump is working right again you still don't get much water or the volume you need, then you'd do the well or find another water source.

Gary
Quality Water Associates

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks