Securing PB and bibb

Users who are viewing this thread

luvrbcs

Reaction score
I have PB piping. The outside hose bobb is copper and it is connected to the PB with a fitting.
The hose bibb is not secured to the outside of the house, there is nothing to attach it to the house with, just vinyl siding and a hole in the rim board that is a larger diameter than the bibb. I can rotate the bibb several degrees to either side.
Any suggestions on securing the piping on the inside the house?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to stress the poly-b either by having it loose and twisting it in use or, twisting it to mount. It might be best to pick up a piece of stainless steel sheet metal slotting it to go around the hose bib, securing it to the wall then securing the hose bib to it with stainless steel tec screws.

tekscrew.jpg

luvrbcs

Reaction score
Thank for the idea, I was at a loss, never had to think about this stuff.
I have the space so instead of sliding stuff under the siding, I might substitute the SST with a piece of plywood on the inside to give the screws in the bibb something to bite into.

Thanks. :)

t

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks