Dishwasher advice, Lazy Susan in between

Users who are viewing this thread

kate

Reaction score
We are remodeling our kitchen and would like to place the dishwasher on the wall next to the sink. In between the two is a corner cabinet with a lazy susan. Will this work? Can the dishwasher hoses reach this far? Any advice would be appreciated. I really don't want to move my sink, but there isn't room for the dishwasher on that wall...

MrF1010

Reaction score
It works in my kitchen!
bump

This is an old thread but hoping to get a response as I am trying to do this in my kitchen now. There is a lazy susan in between the sink and where the dw would be installed. The water line can run behind the cabinet with a 5-6" flexible line but what is the best way for the drain to be tied into the sink. Can the drain also just run on the cabinet floor behind and then high loop up at sink and into drain?

MrF1010

Reaction score
Either around the cabinet, or under the cabinet would work to head over to the the sink. Then a high loop or air gap for it.
Would that length of a horizontal run be ok? I assume yes based on your answer but I would guess the horizontal run would be about 5' around the back of the cabinet.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
The answer is maybe. The pump motor will work harder by the longer run for the drain and could potentially void the warranty. The higher efficiencies of dishwashers is made partly by smaller motors less capable of pushing liquid long distances... how long? who knows?

I know when we have done that type of installation, its always done with the understanding that the liability is on the end user

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks