Kohler Kelston

Users who are viewing this thread

chipr

Reaction score
I'm wanting to "green" up my house this year and want to replace my toilets. I have a color problem in one bath in that the 45 year old toilet is American Standard fawn beige. According to the MaP testing, there is not a good option A/S wise to replace the toilet unless I go with a pressure assist for over $500 and I don't want to do that, financially or noise wise.

Does anyone have any experience with the new Kohler Kelston K-11453 model? I'm thinking Kohler's mexican sand color us the closest I'm gonna get to the original color.

I did have the clay tile waste line replace a few years back so it's PVC to the main sewer now.

kohler_kelston_wc.jpg

cadet-fawn-beige.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have no data on that particular model, but Kohler is not a highly recommended brand by the pro plumbers that frequent this forum. One of the major problems seems to be the innards of the tank are frequently one of a kind, only available from Kohler, and are extremely expensive. Another brand not recommended is American Standard due to quality control issues. You might want to peruse the forum on these two brands before buying either. Toto is the brand most here recommend and install. I don't know if Toto color choices would fit what you are looking for, but the performance of any of their models is unmatched.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I too have nothing on it other than Koher's info sheet.
It's a 1.28 gallon per flush toilet with the class 5 flush mechanism.
I'll take a swag and say it is more than likely a derivitive of the Eco-Smart Cimmeron with a slightly different molding look. Probably performs about the same unless they botched it.

faa20860.jpg

How about looking at some Toto Toilets and Colors?http://www.totousa.com/residentialtoiletsearch.asp

Last edited by a moderator:

chipr

Reaction score
Testing

There is a color problem with Toto in the bone color is not very close. The Cimarron MaP test out at 800 and the Kelston tests at 1000. That all looks good but I've read a lot of accounts of folks saying the Cimarron clogs. That scares me, so I'm torn on doing nothing or acting on my green conscience.

Chip

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I hadn't seen it on the MaP test I looked at...
1,000 huh, I guess they improved it by accident!

I'm just worried that you won't like the bowl wash.
I know they had a lot of complaints w/Kohler 1.6 GPF toilets as far as bowl wash and I can't help but think that 1.28 GPF is going to be worse.

Last edited:

chipr

Reaction score
color

Did you find a better solution to the color problem?

Chip

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
The color problem is not as big as you imagine...
The problem is the color...
Colors come and colors go matching is always difficult...
Maybe its just time to slap in a white throne and decide the next color in that bathroom is white. White and chrome was "in" when plumbing first came indoors and it is still in today... Truth be told... White has never been "out"

White and chrome will always be the safe color choice it might be time to head in that direction...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks