Cadet 3 replacement flappers

Users who are viewing this thread

Achutch

Reaction score
While in Lowe's yesterday looking for materials for my next project, I noticed that Korky now makes a replacement flapper for the Cadet 3.

achutch

Tuskahoma

Reaction score
Flapper

Thanks, achutch, but I think I didn't explain properly -- after I thought about it. The flapper is not leaking as I have turned off the water and the level did not go down. The problem is the "float" mechanism will not stop adding water. It is a slow leak but a leak none the less.
I'll try to get to Lowe's and see if I can get any help, since they obviously carry that brand.
I am reasonably sure I can't afford a plumber but that may be what I have to do. I cannot get the top off the float thing, as was suggested, as it did not seem to "pop off." Not being plumberish, maybe there is some "trick" I don't know.
Thanks for the suggestion and I'll go check with Lowe's to see who is on duty and what they know.
Thanks again,
Tuskahoma

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The Cadet 3 uses the Fluidmaster 400A. The rubber seal in that is easily replaced. Turn off the water. With your finger, lift the arm to the top, then turn the black top 1/8 turn CCW. Replace the rubber, and reverse the procedure.

groundHog

Reaction score
...The flapper is not leaking as I have turned off the water and the level did not go down. The problem is the "float" mechanism will not stop adding water. It is a slow leak but a leak none the less.

The fill valve in my Cadet3 recently stuck ON, and I was pleased to find the valve is serviceable. I took the valve apart, removed the offending piece of lime, and reinstalled. Now all is well. HTH.

- djb

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks