Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The TOTO Neorest 600, model MS990CGR toilet Review
Below is one just out of the box, ready to start installing.
neo_600_unboxed.jpg

We have already lifted off the washlet part, and set it aside. In the bowl, is the flange adapter and wall shutoff.
The back contains the floor template and mounting blocks.

neo_600_adapter.jpg

Here are two views of the flange adapter. We will be drilling six holes into the marble floor, and using anchors with screws.
Notice the upper drillings for the bowl mount from above. The bowl has a spigot that drops into the rubber sleeve.

neo_600_drill.jpg

Jamie of Love Plumbing & Remodel drilling the floor to take the adapter.
Notice the outlet for the electrical that the washlet uses on the wall.
Whoever had replumbed this home had put in some nice quiet cast iron drains.

More information

Spec Sheet

neorest_zoom.jpg

Neorest 600

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
neo_600_adapter_installed.jpg

The adapter in place and ready for the bowl to be dropped down.

neo_600_floor.jpg

neo_600_angle.jpg

neo_600_angle2.jpg

Installed with the Washlet attached. The pictures don't show the clear caulking yet, that was done after the pictures were taken.
Medina, WA

More information

Spec Sheet

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
neo_600_supply.jpg

The Neorest comes with it's own supply and supply tube. It's a 1/2" female thread on the back of the shutoff. Specs call for the shutoff to be a little higher off the floor, and 11-3/4" to the left of center. If someone knew that before the walls were in, that is where you could put it.
This bathroom was like most homes with the shutoff closer. The top fitting swings, which is good, it allows the connection without kinking the supply.

neo_600_top.jpg

I should have replaced the paper before this shot was taken.
The remote control was mounted on the cabinet to the left as you are looking at the bowl.
The neighbor next door, Kenny G, also has one of these.
I should have sold one of these to Will Smith, he bought a Washlet from me, but not the Neorest.
These are cool.

Nice features are:
Features:
Sleek, tankless, one-piece toilet with integrated Washlet seat.
New Cyclone Flushing system, no waiting for refill, no refill noise.
Skirted styling with concealed trapway for easy cleaning
Integrated Washlet features front and rear warm water washing, automatic air dryer and deodorizer.
CEFIONTECT: Super smooth, ion barrier glazing cleans your toilet bowl with every flush
Automatic Operation: Lid opens, closes and toilet flushes when sensor is activated.
Three Year Limited Warranty

Sleek, tankless, low profile elongated one piece toilet with integrated Washlet. Low consumption (6 Lpf/1.6 Gpf) Cyclone flushing action. CEFIONTECT glazing. 12" rough-in.

Tank cover, fittings, mounting covers and Washlet included.

More information

Spec Sheet

Last edited:

bg

Reaction score
That sure looks like a compact unit, though I have to say one of the oddest
I've seen. Very nice. I imagine they cost a small fortune. Are parts readily
avail ?

Oh, I just saw the price...

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
bg,
Not in your budget this week?:eek:
Don't feel bad its not in mine either!

Terry was telling me that he installed one for Steve Ballmer the other day...
I wonder if this is pics from the installation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Squ1rrel

Reaction score
I just wanna know...Who on this great blue and green ball needs a $2000 toilet??

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Google the name in my post above. Terry has some customers that work for this little company... As you sit here reading this post there is about a 99.999% chance you are using one of their products as you read this unless you are a Mac user.

Last edited:

bg

Reaction score
I just wanna know...Who on this great blue and green ball needs a $2000 toilet??
With all respect, if you find that unit for 2000.00, you'll
be finding a good deal according to the "more info" link
Terry posted.

Redwood said:
bg,
Not in your budget this week?
Don't feel bad its not in mine either!
No sir, it'd be a while before my 6 sees the likes
of that unit. I couldn't afford to buy the toilet paper
for it much less the unit, but it sure looks mighty fancy.
That's one unit one wouldn't want to mess up on the
install or drop while carrying it,etc. I got to say though
it should come with a radio or something for that price.

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Thats the thing with that toilet...
You don't need toilet paper...
It washes and dries your 6 for you!

Who needs a radio when you have a toilet that does that!

Last edited:

bg

Reaction score
Oh I didn't know it washed and dryed a person. It even comes with a remote control.
A warm seat, etc.

pmurali

Reaction score
Toto Neorest 600 installation question

Hi,

I would like to install a Toto Neorest 600. I currently have a 1/2" water supply to my toilet. Could you please let me know whether I need to replace it with a 3/4" piping to get sufficient water flow for the Neorest 600. I heard from someone that even if the pressure is more than 20psi, unless the water flow is sufficiently high, the toilet may not flush satisfactorily.

I very much appreciate any help in this regard.

Thank you.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Neorest comes with it's own supplied shutoff with 1/2" threads.
The 1/2" you have will work fine, you many need to move it some during installation.
Make sure you use the supplied hose connector for the water supply to prevent restriction.

neo_500_shutoff.jpg

Depending on how where the shutoff is located in relation to the bowl, makes a difference on how it's tilted.
If you look at the picture here, you notice how large the shutoff is?
There is a removable screen filter in the shutoff to prevent grit from clogging the bidet functions.
The can be removed and cleaned from time to time.
The connector is larger than normal, that is where you wouldn't want to restrict it.
A standard toilet supply that you find at the hardware store will not work.
You must use the TOTO supplied larger water supply.

neorest_stop.jpg

Last edited:

reanime

Reaction score
Be careful, I have the Neorest, used a 1" pex mainline to my bathroom during rough-in, and from there branched a 1/2" pex to the toilet 5 feet away. Although I get 60 psi at the toilet and roughly 9gpm flowrate, the inadequate pressure sensor light keeps going off, and more importantly, its a double flusher 75% of the time (very poor evacuation since this toilet is apparently more flow-dependent than pressure dependent, (nevermind the pressure sensor light, it should be a flow sensor light, cause my pressure is more than adequate). Toto was kind enough to comp a washlet (stating I shouldn't have used pex....hmmm? no mention in the manual) but I don't like the institutional look of hose and cords coming out the side of a retrofit lid that looks a bit like something out of The Matrix. The manual is obsolete in that it doesnt consider the pex revolution ( Toto said that 1/2" pex's smaller ID will restrict the required flowrate). Their PSI range requirements should be dismissed, and the flow rate requirement of greater than 9gpm should be highlighted in big big big bold letters. Beware. Too late for me since I have a concrete slab and redo would be a structural/cost prohibitive option. BEWARE

Thanks for the comment.
One of the many comments plumbers have posted here when asked about PEX, is that it is quite a bit smaller.
The OD of PEX is the same as the OD of copper tubing, but since the walls are much thicker, the ID is reduced quite a bit.
Terry

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
TOTO also makes an adapter, THU9046 to raise the Neorest 600 to an ADA height.

Here are some pictures.

neorest600_eddie_4.jpg

The adapter

neorest600_eddie_3.jpg

Moving the shutoff toward the left

neorest600_eddie_1.jpg

Seat down

neorest600_eddie_2.jpg

Seat up.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Here is a Colonial White Neorest 600. Frankly, my camera on my phone isn't even close to the color that I was seeing with my eyes. It did turn out looking very nice in the bathroom though. The Colonial White looked good with the window and door trim.

neorest_600_colonial.jpg

This Neorest 600 was Colonial White, but you sure can't tell from this picture.

mschwennes

Reaction score
I guess this thread is pretty old, but hopefully some of you posters are still around.
I picked up a used Neorest 600 in perfect condition, and will be installing it in my home. I have all the parts, EXCEPT for the bowl installation template. I had thought I would try to wing it without the template, but am guessing the correct placement of the little blocks for the 2 front screws will be difficult. I'm wondering if anyone has the template and would sell it to me, or if someone knows where I can purchase it from some dealer. I can't seem to find the template available online from any TOTO parts sellers.
Thx for any help....

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
They have some templates online, albeit not for the 600 and not true-to-size. However, I would call Toto customer service at the number on the web site totousa.com and a friendly agent there probably would be willing to mail you one. 1-888-295-8134

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks