(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Need Help in Identifying Valve & Finding Replacement Trim

  1. #1
    DIY Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008

    Default Need Help in Identifying Valve & Finding Replacement Trim

    I am trying to help an 'out of town' friend with her plumbing issue (via email). She is trying to swap out the existing trim in her tub (brass) with new brushed nickel trim, without replacing the valve. We have attempted to identify the manufacturer of the valve, but we have not found any identification on the exposed stems or trim. We are now hoping that someone may be able to identify the mfr. from the pictures or description. Or point us in a direction where we might find universal replacement trim.

    The existing valve is a two handle controlled valve. The stems have a ribbed end (similar to a gear). The lever handle is 3/4" deep to the female end which receives the ribbed end and the stem cover. It is secured with a #10 course thread screw. The stem cover (threaded) is 2 1/2" long and the escutcheon is 3" wide. We will also need to replace the tub spout (5" long), shower arm/head, overflow plate (3" wide) and the drain cap (3") with a center screw.

    Please see the attached photos. If you might be able to help us identify the mfr., we would appreciate the help. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

  2. #2
    Plumber jimbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    San Diego


    What you appear to have is a Price Pfister. The only valve more common than this one is the older PP Windsor/Verve. Any plumbing store, even blue or orange, will have some brush nickle trim which fits this. Look on the PP website for possibilities

  3. #3
    Moderator & Master Plumber hj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona

    Default valve

    It is a Price Pfister valve. It can be upgraded to the new "lifetime" ceramic stems. It is fairly easy to do, but if not done properly can destroy the piece in the wall so it might be best to have a plumber do it, after you go to Home Depot or another retailer and get the new Price Pfister valve with the trim you like.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts