New Lavatory Faucet: No water

Users who are viewing this thread

spolivier

Reaction score
I installed a new lavatory, drain and faucet today. All went fine, ran the faucet on cold, checking for leaks. Then ran the hot (and yes, the hot shut off valve was open). There was a chug (normal, I thought), and then nothing. And after that, no water at all.

Kohler faucet. What gives?

Solan

Reaction score
Been there before

Spolivier,

I have been in a similar situation. I used a piece of bread to temp. stop the extra water in the pipes before soldering and it got a bit lodged in the pipes. I opened up the bath tub faucets (to remove the air) and after some chugging out shot the half dissolved bread and the water started flowing.

Good luck,

Solan

soldering_bread.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Garydaplummer

Union plumber/pipefitter-self employed
Reaction score
Exact same issue

I had this happen with a Kohler faucet. It was a Kohler Bancroft lav faucet with factory-installed supply lines. As always after turning the water on and before connecting the faucet to the angle stops I flushed the water lines. Cold worked fine, trickle of hot water. I removed the cartridge, opened up the water supply, the water did not flow. I reconnected everything and the water ran fine for a second or two then a bumping noise and we were back to a trickle, hot only. I even tried switching the hot and cold cartridges to see if it was a cartridge problem. It was not. I ended up calling Kohler and they sent a replacement faucet complete under warranty. The support rep thought it may be a manufacturing problem inside the faucet body.

spolivier

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies. I think it is a Kohler Bancroft too, although I will have to check - this was at a friend's house. I'll post the outcome later. Just checked, it is a Kohler Fairfax.

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Check the aerator to see if it is blocked with debris.

Did you use Watts Floodsafe Faucet Supplies??? They are prone to false trips among other problems.

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

spolivier

Reaction score
It was the aerator.

Thanks for all the posts. The aerator was blocked, and I am eating humble pie!

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Not uncommon when you disturb the supply system... No need to eat humble pie! Glad you fixed the problem and thanks for posting back!

Can you imagine what we feel like going to a customers house finding a clogged aerator and charging for the visit?:eek:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Do you perhaps wonder why the answer came so quickly? May it's because it is a very common problem that many have encountered but didn't figure out until trying every other remedy possible. No need to feel embarrassed, you at least have a happy ending to the the problem.:D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks