(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: New Lavatory Faucet: No water

Default New Lavatory Faucet: No water

I installed a new lavatory, drain and faucet today. All went fine, ran the faucet on cold, checking for leaks. Then ran the hot (and yes, the hot shut off valve was open). There was a chug (normal, I thought), and then nothing. And after that, no water at all.

Kohler faucet. What gives?

Default Been there before

Spolivier,

I have been in a similar situation. I used a piece of bread to temp. stop the extra water in the pipes before soldering and it got a bit lodged in the pipes. I opened up the bath tub faucets (to remove the air) and after some chugging out shot the half dissolved bread and the water started flowing.

Good luck,

Solan

Last edited by Terry; 09-05-2009 at 05:21 PM.

Union plumber/pipefitter-self employed Garydaplummer's Avatar

Angry Exact same issue

I had this happen with a Kohler faucet. It was a Kohler Bancroft lav faucet with factory-installed supply lines. As always after turning the water on and before connecting the faucet to the angle stops I flushed the water lines. Cold worked fine, trickle of hot water. I removed the cartridge, opened up the water supply, the water did not flow. I reconnected everything and the water ran fine for a second or two then a bumping noise and we were back to a trickle, hot only. I even tried switching the hot and cold cartridges to see if it was a cartridge problem. It was not. I ended up calling Kohler and they sent a replacement faucet complete under warranty. The support rep thought it may be a manufacturing problem inside the faucet body.

Thank you for the replies. I think it is a Kohler Bancroft too, although I will have to check - this was at a friend's house. I'll post the outcome later. Just checked, it is a Kohler Fairfax.
    Last edited by spolivier; 06-17-2008 at 06:58 AM.

Check the aerator to see if it is blocked with debris.

Did you use Watts Floodsafe Faucet Supplies??? They are prone to false trips among other problems.

Last edited by Terry; 06-17-2008 at 09:14 AM.

Check the aerator...most likely cause of blockage.

Default It was the aerator.

Thanks for all the posts. The aerator was blocked, and I am eating humble pie!

Not uncommon when you disturb the supply system... No need to eat humble pie! Glad you fixed the problem and thanks for posting back!

Can you imagine what we feel like going to a customers house finding a clogged aerator and charging for the visit?

Do you perhaps wonder why the answer came so quickly? May it's because it is a very common problem that many have encountered but didn't figure out until trying every other remedy possible. No need to feel embarrassed, you at least have a happy ending to the the problem.