ArmorCoil/Outdoor Aerator System against formicary corrosion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Woodenshoe

Reaction score
I have personally spoken to several HVAC technicians about sulfur gasses out of a well entering your home and in the A/C and cause formicary corrosion to the evaporator coil. Are the sulfur gasses the only harm to your coil?

1.The retired tech, my neighbour that installed my new 13 SEER Rheem Package unit(old one was only 7 years old!) advised me to install an Outdoor Aerator System to remove sulfurgasses from my well water.

2.Another Tech advised me to spray the coil with ArmorCoil(www.armorcoil.com) to protect the coil.

Any advice from anybody? Obvious the ArmorCoil will be the most economical way, or are there any other suggestions?
My new unit was installed 4 days ago and I would like it to last longer than 7 years.

Ron

tomokariver

Reaction score
Corrosion

Response.

I went to the Armor Coil web site and found something that you can buy at Home Depot called Rustoleum ....for less cost. There are some issues.
Yes a thick paint can form a wall against cloride based corrosion but does the spray penetrate all the way to the fin coil joint where the corrosion impacts the unit the most? Does the paint reduce the fin gap and force the fan to run longer to move as much air for heat transfer? Does the paint block heat transfer? Does the paint peel off at the edge? Does the paint have a soft surface and get dirty easily? I suggest that there are other options that have been proven by third party testing, endorsed by OEMs and demonstrate energy savings as well as corrosion protection. Try www.adsil.com

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks