70 year old spout in tub

Users who are viewing this thread

patte2

Reaction score
I have a 70 year old house, and my bathtub has a spout with a 4 inch spread between the hot and cold knobs. The faucet itself is right between these two knobs, in a straight line. It is wall mounted. I am doing a remodel and would like to replace this but I can find no source for tub faucet with this small of a spread. I am trying to avoid removing the current tile on the wall and would like to use the 3 current holes. The best I can find are the telephone-looking tub fillers that have wall unions that will allow me to go from a 4" spread to one of a more conventional size used today. However, those are very costly, and only two companies I can find make them with the appropriate wall unions, Rohl and California Faucets. Alternatively, if I can find a company that makes a 2" wall union that I can adapt to other bath faucets, that would be an option also. Anyone, know of a company that makes wall unions?
thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks