Tracing a 110v outlet circuit fault

Users who are viewing this thread

Keith Wolf Ent

Reaction score
How shall I trace the power to my outlet circuit? (Different circuit, inside & outside outlets only) There is power at the main panel breaker and it appears to look fine, does not trip - but there is no power at the outlets, in or out.
There are 4-5 outlets, none of them in constant use. Thx!:rolleyes:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Firtst suspicion is that there is a GFI outlet somewhere which has tripped. It is not unusual to find one GFI controlling bathroom + garage outlets. Or kitchen and/or living room + patio.

Look in the bathrooms, the gargage, and in the kitchen for an outlet with the test/reset buttons on it.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Gfci

I found one in a bathroom under a bench on one job where the garage food freezer had tripped it and they did not even know it was there. They had resorted to using an extension cord, (after all the food spoiled), because they just assumed the outlet was broken.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks