8-3 Romex in PVC conduit

Users who are viewing this thread

Alectrician

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
But if I should post a new thread please let me know..

Too late. But now you know.

Ancient threads are better off in the boneyard.

Do I run #6 awg NM romex for the 75' indoor section and pull THHN through pvc conduit for the outdoor 25' section? Or should I run the THHN all the way?

Either way.

Typically, running the NM thru the structure is easier than running pipe and conduit.

If you are going to sleeve the NM in conduit anyway, you might as well THWN the whole way.

bartman

Telecomm Engineer
Reaction score
Furd,

Thank you for your answers. I have run the #6 3 wire NM in my basement to the disconnect. I purchased the 1" sch40 and the THHN #6 wire for the exterior run and will complete the job shortly.
( I finally know why the UF wire was rejected. That has bothered me for some time.)

Bart

Jar546

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.inspectpa.com
You bought is without doing your homework so be a man and pull the 8/3 NM through the conduit. It will work but you may sweat a little.

NM is NOT THHN and is NOT RATED for 90 deg.

NM amperage must be taken from the 60 deg column. Only if you derate can you start at the 90 deg column for NM cable but you cannot exceed the 60 degree column after derating is complete anyway.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks