Kitchen sink backfeeds

Users who are viewing this thread

Msehler

Reaction score
Sorry for the dumb question, but I have very very limited plumbing experience, and it's all getting the water to the house, not getting it out.
My house was built in 1975 and the sink is a side by side with garbage disposal. Lately it has been backing up, and when I hit the garbage disposal it fills up the opposite side. It is also very slow to drain. I took a quick peek under the sink and the drains don't look immediately connected. I tried drain-o down both drains with little to no improvement.

Where should I start?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Draino doesn't work that often, plus, it can eat up a garbage disposal. It also can mess up a snake or injure a plumber (or you) if the pipes need to come apart for cleaning. You have a clog, and it will probably take a snake and a plumber to fix it. Stop putting chemicals down the drain.

Reaction score
Website
www.sandpiperplumbing.com
Draino disolves grease and hair. Period. It won't disolve the little bits of food stuck in the pipe from your disposal or correct backpitch problems or anything like that. HJ is right, call a local plumber with drain cleaning experience and good equipment. You'll probably find that a local pro costs less than the national "Rooter" chains

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks