No water at all from well

Users who are viewing this thread

jfsweeneyjr

Reaction score
Was running a sprinkler, when the water stopped. I have since shut off the sprinkler, but the pump does not appear to be pumping and the pressure tank shows 40psi.

I have run out of water before, but after shutting it off for 5 minutes it comes back. This time, nothing.

I am afraid the pump is dead, but before the plumbers come, I want some opinions.

If I left anything out, please post with what info you might need. Your help is greatly appreciated.

jfsweeneyjr

Reaction score
I did call a well company....there is absolutely no water, so I don't know why there is 40psi showing on the gauge.

Thanks

Speedbump

Reaction score
If it's not completely plugged up, give it a few taps, it will probably fall to zero. Gauges plug easily.

bob...

jfsweeneyjr

Reaction score
Assuming the pump is shot, and I have 300 foot well @ 4 gal/minute ( I do not know the specs of the pump) what would a ballpark cost be to replace, including labor?

jfsweeneyjr

Reaction score
I know nothing about this stuff, but I have a drilled well and the pump is in the well. I have a pressure tank in the basement

Speedbump

Reaction score
With your well @ 300' and not knowing your water level I would guess the 3/4hp 10 gpm would be what you need for $443.52. That is for the Pump and Motor only, labor not included.

bob...

jfsweeneyjr

Reaction score
The well people are here now, estimate is $2800 installed for a 3/4 hp 8 gallon, installed with new wire. Claiming a Franklin Motor....

Thoughts?

Speedbump

Reaction score
Well let's see, assuming no other parts are going to be used and lets assume the wire cost is around $250.00; that's $2106.00 labor. Not bad for a few hours work.

bob...

jfsweeneyjr

Reaction score
They had to replace the pressure tank switch and gauge, the pump was $1250 (apparently professional grade, not builder grade) 150 for the service call, 300 for labor, 500 for wire, 150 for pulling the pump and 400 for misc pieces and parts....

anyway, I now have water....thanks for everyone's input.

Speedbump

Reaction score
You did see the priced I quoted for the same basic Pump, right???

This guy marked it up three times that price.

Oh well, at least you have water. The wire price was a little outlandish also.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks