sleeve under slab

Users who are viewing this thread

hottubbrad

Reaction score
What type of pipe should I install under my slab so my well guy can run his 1" water line through it once he drills the well? The length of the run under the slab is about 35'. Also, how should I 90˙ it up through the slab.

I used perforated 4" (weeping tile) flex piping at my last house, but only under the footing and straight up ( 5 foot run). For a 35' run I would be worried about the 1" getting caught on the ridges of the perf pipe.

Any recommendations??

hottubbrad

Reaction score
Pretty much every house I have seen on a well has the 1" well line stubbed through the slab in a 4" line of some sort. I don't think running the 1" before the slab pour is done very much as far as I can tell.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
Mine makes a transition from 1" PVC to 3/4" copper somewhere between the well and an interior wall where the 3/4" copper rises up through the sill plate. Got to admit I sure wouldn't have done that. The PVC (the thin-wall stuff -- Sch 160?) passes through the root structure of a huge oak tree that was a sapling when the house was built, so it's only a matter of time before the PVC fails (35 years and counting).

Back to your problem (and my eventual problem). Have you thought of using PEX for the "last mile"? You could then use a flexible conduit and easily push or pull 1" PEX from outside to wherever you had to go. I have run a new line of 1" PVC to an outside wall in the garage. I'm going to drill a 1 1/2" hole at an angle at the base of the garage wall to get to the PVC, and run PEX through a piece of innerduct (that bright-colored stuff they bury to run fiber-optic cable in) into the garage and thence to the attic (where my plumbing is now -- the old under-slab copper rotted out). Innerduct is very tough stuff. Its only downside is a large turn radius, but that can be accomodated, and actually is a good thing if you want to run PEX through it. I'm sorry now I didn't do that all the way from the wellhouse.

innerduct.gif

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks