Help with muddy water problem

Users who are viewing this thread

sc.homeowner

Reaction score
P.S. After the posting below, I put in a new filter. The paper filter removed was orange colored and there was fine black grit at the bottom of the filter housing. I opened a faucet and let the bladder tank refill. After about 2 cycles the water began to clear, and this morning it's nearly crystal clear. Could this all have been caused by a long overdue filter change? I think it's been about 1-1/2 years since last changed. Of course I'm glad the mud is gone, but I'm concerned that it's not a permanent fix. Are there other things that can or need to be done?

I have a submerged pump(350'). It's been down about 13 or 14 years. Only the last 2 years or so have we had problems with muddy water when we over utilize it, mostly when watering the grass. I have a GE whole house filter which doesn't help with this problem because I think the particles are too fine to be filtered. Is this a problem with the well or the pump or both?

Last edited:

Speedbump

Reaction score
The words Whole House Filter is a joke. I would get rid of the so called Filter alltogether.

bob...

sc.homeowner

Reaction score
Thanks Speedbump, you're right, the term 'wholehouse" is marketing lingo to make it sound better than it really is. I think I'll keep it on line until someone will help me resolve the root cause. Whatever sand and grit it does filter is kept out of the appliances, toilets, etc., right?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks